Understanding Mental Illness
Understanding Mental Illness is a presentation that has been designed with the aspects of our support groups and a preview of the major concepts in Family to Family. If you cannot commit to the more intensive Family-to-Family, you may want to register for this introductory presentation. For more information please contact NAMI Geauga at (440) 286-6264.
- What is Mental Illness?
- What are the Different Diagnoses?
- Common Reactions to Mental Illness
- Family Roles and Emotional Responses Medication
- Empathy /I Statements /Reflective Responses
- Communicating with a Psychiatrically Disabled Person
- Guest Speaker