Teddy Bear Patrol
The Teddy Bear Patrol Program at NAMI Geauga County supplies Victim Advocates, Sheriffs Departments, Emergency Rooms, and Job and Family Services with free cuddly stuffed bears that they can use to comfort a traumatized child. This program is funded through community support and grants. Because of community support we are able to continue this quality program.
When times are tough a cuddly hug can make a difference!
See how local children are comforted by a cuddly bear:
- A Bear was given on Christmas Eve to a two year old girl that was a passenger in an motor vehicle crash. She was overwhelmed with all that was going on. Bear was given to her and the little girl lit up with excitement and happiness. Hugged bear and would not let go.
- A preschooler’s head was caught in the car window. He hugged bear until police were able to set him free.
- When her parent was arrested, a 6 year old and her two siblings were frightened. The three bears brought smiles.
- A 5 year old boy was involved in a rollover car accident. He held the bear tight while paramedics checked him out.
- A 4 year old suffered a severe allergic reaction to a bee sting. The bear helped comfort her.
- A 5 year old darts out in traffic. Thankfully she is not badly injured, but she was hysterical until the emergency personnel put a cuddly bear in her arms.
Sponsor a Teddy Bear Today!
$15 will sponsor a BEARY special bear
$25 will sponsor 2 BEARY special bears
$50 will sponsor 4 BEARY special bears
$100 will sponsor 8 BEARY special bears
Please send your donation to:
Teddy Bear Patrol
NAMI Geauga County
107 South St. #5,
Chardon, Ohio 44024
A BIG BEAR HUG AND THANK YOU to the following BEARY special sponsors of our Teddy Bear Patrol:
Mr. Edward Babcock
Community Church of Chesterland
Geauga Sunshine Shop
Kiwanis Club of West Geauga
Pilgrim Christian Church
And many other friends of NAMI