Family Support Group in Chardon
FREE for family members, partners and friends of individuals with mental health conditions.
Family Support meetings will be held Every Monday at 7pm at our Chardon location: 107 South Street, #5.
Did you ever feel like you were teetering as you try to hold balance in life?
When you have a loved one with mental illness it seems that you are holding the weight of the world. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. There are others that are walking the same path. Join us to share your concerns, success and hopes. The most common feedback we receive is “When I walked in the room, I knew instantly they understood me and where I was coming from.” There is always an open door policy, registrations are not necessary.
NAMI Family and Friends Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Forgive ourselves and reject the guilt and shame
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
- Learn tools to discover wellness, stability and hope for yourself and your loved one.
Family & Friends Support will also continue at 7pm on the 4th Wednesday of every month in Middlefield, 14999 South State Ave., at the Middlefield United Methodist Church.