Connection Recovery Peer Support
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet on a bi-weekly, weekly or monthly basis.
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
We have two locations where you may attend on a weekly basis:
Tuesdays: 7pm at NAMI Geauga County, 8389 Mayfield Road, Suite A-2, Chesterland, Ohio 44026
Wednesday: 7pm at the Middlefield United Methodist Church 14999 S. State Ave. Middlefield, Ohio 44062
Lower Level-Last Room on the Left.
For More Information